Jordan Village Improvement Project Update
Recent Work Completed:
- Wristen’s Home Specialties (WHS) has completed pre-construction property inspections.
- Utility locates have been completed to identify underground infrastructure for the contractor. Please note these markings will be refreshed occasionally as part of the construction process and do not indicate locations for proposed work.
- Site office trailers have been delivered to the public parking lot behind the Fire Hall.
- “Project Information” Signs and additional “Businesses are Open” signs have been installed to inform passing vehicles of the project and that all businesses will remain open during the construction.
- Tree Protection was installed on Twenty-First Street, Wismer Street and Nineteenth Street north of Wismer Street.
- Twenty-first Street has been temporarily closed to vehicle access to enable construction; see attached road closure notice which has been circulated to the public. Signs, traffic cones and detour signage have been placed throughout the area as needed.
- The existing road has been pulverized on Twenty-First Street, Wismer Street, and on 19th Street north of Wismer Street.
Two-Week Look Ahead:
- Test pits are to be completed at various key locations to measure the exact depth of underground infrastructure. Note these test pit’s generally take just a few hours to complete, locations will be immediately restored once the measurement has been completed.
- Underground work on Wismer Street to commence, including sanitary sewer, storm sewer, and water main work. Please note you will be notified a minimum of 48 hours in advance of any planned service interruptions, and we will work with property owners to minimize any disruptions.
The Town of Lincoln would like to thank all affected residents and businesses for their patience and cooperation during the construction works.
Please feel free to contact me at my cell number, 905-933-8962 or by email should you have any questions or concerns. Please phone our 24-hour public works line for urgent after-hour inquiries. Call at 905-641-0971.
Michael Gacnik, P. Eng
Project Manager, Town of Lincoln
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link